Our joint space trip onboard Spaceship Planet Earth – Researchers’ Night at Sodankylä
Please, join us as an active space traveller at the Sodankylä Space Campus in main building Polaria on Friday 28 September 2018 at 18-21 o’clock, in order to hear and see how our joint space travel onboard Spacehip Planet Earth is going and how our spaceship is doing.
The public lectures will describe to you all the essential facts about the most beautiful color show on our space travel, the active Northern Lights. You will see beautiful images and videos, and of course you may ask the lecturer the most puzzling questions in your mind. For example, what actually do we hear from the near-Earth space, if we do hear anything at all? And of course, how do we study both our travel and spaceship at the Sodankylä Space Campus.
• There are more important questions. Did you know that Northern Lights tell to a possible outer space observer that planet Earth is supporting life? What about exoplanets, what if we would see similar Northen Lights there? And we are the observers…
• Northern Lights are Nature’s most beautiful color show, but you only have an ordinary pocket camera. You can photograph Northern Lights with it, too. Learn during the Researchers’ Night how that is doable.
• Sodankylä Space Campus has an own satellite receiver station, which also can command the satellites. Why is this station here?
• Finland moved itself to the space era by launching the first own satellite into space last year. What happens next?
• And what on all Earth is the Lappi satellite, when will it be launched?
The program is meant to be easily understandable, directed for the general public, for small children we will organise a separate program, and for those interested in research topics, we will organise parallel events when necessary. For english speaking audience we can organise own program, too.
A detailed program of the Researchers’ Night at Sodankylä will be published during August 2018.
18:00-19:30 Public lectures, Polaria lecture hall
19:30-20:00 Space cake, coffee/ tee/ juice served at the cafeteria of Polaria
20:00-21:00 Parallel events in Polaria lecture hall and in the meeting rooms